Here’s the honest truth:
- You’re going to feel worthless sometimes.
- You’re going to make mistakes.
- You’re going to have days where look in the mirror and hate everything about the person you see.
- You’re going to fight with yourself about why you even bother anymore.
- Some days are going to make you wish you had never woken up that morning.
- You’re going to get really sad and won’t know why and you think a 7 hour nap will help but it doesn’t.
- You’re going to feel alone and like no one else in the world has suffered the way you have.
- You’re going to be afraid of failure.
- You’re going to fail something.
- You’re going to feel like you’re a disappointment.
- You’re going to have days where you feel like if you got hit by a car, you would gladly thank the driver.
But guess what?
- You’re going to get past it.
- You’re going to discover music that gives you goosebumps and makes you feel less alone.
- You’re going to watch films that inspire you to become a better person or to change the world.
- You’re going to read a book that makes you wish the world in it was real (but secretly you’ll be happy it isn’t because when things get bad, you have somewhere to go that no one else knows about).
- You’re going to meet someone and become their best friend and wonder how you survived all those years without them in your life.
- You’re going to change someone’s life merely because you’re their friend.
- There’s going to be cold winter evenings where you get to wrap yourself up in a blanket and forget about the world.
- You’re going to plan road trips and holidays with your friends that will never happen, but you’re ok with that because you’ll make even better memories with them
- You’re going to be ok.